Policy: All food production and service personnel will follow proper handwashing practices to ensure the safety of food served to customers.
Procedure: All employees in food production arias should wash hands using the following steps:
1. Wash hands (including under the fingernails) and forearms vigorously and thoroughly with soap and warm water (a water temperature of at least 100ºF is recommended)) for a total time period of 20seconds.
2. Wash hands using soap from a soap dispenser. Lather at least 10seconds.
3. Use a sanitary nailbrush to remove dirt from underfingernails.
4. Lather soap between fingers and on hands thoroughly for 10-15seconds
5. Use only hand sinks designated for that purpose. Do not wash hands in sinks in the productionarea.
6. Dry hands with single use towels, a mechanical hot dryer, or a high velocity blade of non- heated pressurized air. (Retractable cloth towel dispenser systems are not recommended.) Turn off faucets using a paper towel in order to prevent recontamination of clean hands if foot pedals are notavailable.
The Café & Juice Bar managers will:
1. Monitor all employees to ensure that they are following properprocedures.
2. Ensure adequate supplies are available for properhandwashing.
3. Observe and enforce regulations requiring employees to use proper Procedures
4. Adhere to disciplinary practices for employees in violation